DSK Plugins: Yup! Worth Downloading :-)

Posted by Ms.Tris On October - 23 - 2008

Hey all.. I’m already busy busy this morning, which is good… Todays post was going to be completely about brass, by request. Once I went back to the DSK site where I got a FREE Brass Vst, I started checking out more plugins. I decided to just give DSK Music most of the shine today….

They have a great selection, and the DSK Brass works well enough. When you get free vst instruments you will most likely have to add a bit of eq and other effects to get the sound you want. For Brass vsts and soundfonts try adding a touch of Reverb to give it a “Chamber” sound, like a real Orchestra Horn Section. Also I’ve been playing around with loading seperate sounds and using my software to layer the instruments. For example:In Reason I may combine 5 NNXT modules loaded with a few trumpets,french horn, tuba, and a preset brass section. This gives a rich sounding Brass, much better than single instruments. To do this in Fl Studio I would have to use the “Layer” function, and layer a few Vsts or soundfont players.

You are gonna feel like it’s xmas if you don’t already have the Instruments DSK offers. I can’t wait to try the rest later:
www.dskmusic.com

There are few good soundfonts that have pretty decent brass. Here is the link to Sf2midi brass page. Try to find “Better Brass” there as well..

www.sf2midi.com

For those with a budget my favorite “for $$$” vst brass is included in the Edirol HQOR Orchestral:

Once you get all your Brass and other goodies, be sure to come back and use the chord progression tutorials. This will help you play some dramatic compositions using the sounds…

Happy Beat Making To All
Pz Til Later

6 Responses to “DSK Plugins: Yup! Worth Downloading :-)”

1. duga tha don says:

Yo, Ms. Tris ur blog/site is addicting. I check it everyday. I like this tho. I was just gonna go check for some brass sounds. Thanx

Duga Tha Don..this made me smile…This is the bizzz!~ Makes it well worth all I post. Thanks for taking time to comment, do come back often…pz til later

3. J.V. says:

thanx fa da updates ma ma

No Problem..and Thanks to you for taking time to comment..Pz til later

5. They use sampled soundfonts, but it sounds much better when you put it in a VSTi, when making one with SynthEdit and SynthMaker, and they uses both. The Electik Guitar one has the Strat Marshall soundfont one of the most popular guitar soundfonts. You can make VSTi like these if you have FL Studio 8 with SynthEdit, and the romplayer module.

I looked into synthedit a few times..just too busy to really get into it right now..but thanks for the heads up on it. If you know how to EQ them soundfonts sound great 🙂